11 October 2021, 15:30-16:30 CET (online)
Children’s rights in the early years (0-6) are rarely considered in public policy, despite evidence of their profound effect in shaping children’s healthy development and wellbeing.
As part of the Fundamental Rights Forum 2021 (11-12 October) we will host a session which aims to increase awareness, understanding and support for children’s rights in early childhood, and highlight the need for more attention to children’s early years, particularly for children and families facing poverty and social exclusion.
The webinar will discuss how EU initiatives such as the EU Strategy on the Rights of the Child and the European Child Guarantee can be used to advance early childhood development.
The event speakers include:
- Maria Herczog, Chair, Family, Child, Youth Association, Hungary and former member of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child
- Agata D’Addato, Eurochild and Aljosa Rudas, the International Step by Step Association (ISSA)
- Naomi Feely, Senior Research and Policy Officer, Children’s Rights Alliance Ireland
- Géraldine Libreau, European Commission DG Education, Youth, Sport and Culture
- Stefan Iszkowski, Policy Officer, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
Join the discussion on social media using the hashtag: #RightsForum21