In 2021 UNICEF ECARO, WHO Regional Office for Europe, and the International Step by Step Association (ISSA) joined efforts to launch Health Systems for Early Child Development initiative, to accelerate efforts in Europe and Central Asia to build more “developmentally oriented” and family-centered health systems and services empowering caregivers to provide children with nurturing care.
The Initiative will curate and share contemporary, evidence-based guidance, resources, and examples of recommended practices; create and nurture a learning community, and advocate for the change of policies and practices.
In October, the initiative hosted the first webinar in a series of knowledge sharing events. This webinar focused on home visiting for young children and families and how it is employed across the region.
- Download the webinar presentation (PDF)
- Subscribe to the newsletter here.
- “Supporting Families for Nurturing Care: Resource Modules for Home Visitors”
- “ECWI Home Visiting Workforce Needs Assessment Tool”
- Home visiting by nurses – new model of services benefits 2000 families
- Home-visiting programme protects and promotes the health and well-being of children and parents